- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
- Changes ahead of a comprehensive report due in autumn.
- A fifth of self-employed people will face extra one-off costs.
- As many as 24,000 jobs could be created.
- Cutting red tape in international trade is a priority.
Ask us a question
From high-level advice with the future in mind to practical, hands-on support with the day-to-day challenges of running a business, Alton & Co offers every accountancy service you could need. From corporation tax returns to personal tax planning, from bookkeeping to business startup, our team is ready to join you on your journey to growth.