- National living wage now includes 23 and 24-year-olds.
- Holidays extended in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
- Temporary business rates reductions, frozen multiplier, and a ‘fundamental review'.
- Changes to kick in from Tuesday 6 April 2021, exactly one year later than planned.
- Updated tax rules include ‘staking' for the first time.
- Employee contributions increased by 12% in Q3 2020.
- Applications for vouchers close on 31 March 2021.
- Changes to take place from 1 January 2022.
- The ONS estimated 1.7 million people were unemployed in January this year.
- The Treasury announced 30 tax updates, consultations and documents.
Ask us a question
From high-level advice with the future in mind to practical, hands-on support with the day-to-day challenges of running a business, Alton & Co offers every accountancy service you could need. From corporation tax returns to personal tax planning, from bookkeeping to business startup, our team is ready to join you on your journey to growth.